When first time migrating to Child Theme, your saved settings in the Customizer would be reseted. This is expected as WordPress treats Parent Theme and Child Theme settings independently. To get your Parent Theme settings back in the Child Theme, you need to import the settings on Parent Theme and export them on Child Theme. To do so, please follow these steps:
Export Parent Theme settings:
- Activate Suki (Parent Theme) on Appearance > Themes.
- Install the Customizer Export/Import plugin via Plugins > Add New.
- Go to Appearance > Customize, and find the Export/Import section.
- Click Export button and save the file on your computer.
Import saved settings into Child Theme:
- Now activate back your Child Theme from Appearance > Theme.
- Go to Appearance > Customize, and find the Export/Import section again.
- This time, upload your saved file in the Import section.
- You can leave the “Download and import image files” option unchecked.
- Click Import button and done!