Updating your plugin to the latest version is really important and highly recommended. Each update might contain bug fixes and new additional features that may be available. When update available, you’ll get a notification to update the Suki Pro plugin. There are 2 ways to update Suki Pro.
Note: Updates are only for users who have an active license of Suki Pro. You need to renew your license if your license is expired.
There are 2 ways to update Suki Pro plugin:
1. Updating Suki Pro Plugin via WordPress Updates
This feature requires you to activate your license on the Suki Dashboard. You will get notification whenever we release a new Suki Pro version. You can simply update Suki Pro plugin right from your Dashboard > Updates or go to Plugins Page and update there.
2. Updating Suki via FTP Client
The other way to update the Suki theme is using FTP Client such as Filezilla, WinSCP, etc. To update the Suki Pro plugin via an FTP client, please follow these steps:
- Download the installation file from here.
- Unzip the downloaded file.
- Connect to your server using an FTP client and locate the wp-content/plugins folder.
- Delete the old suki folder from wp-content/plugins folder.
- Upload the new suki folder into the wp-content/plugins folder.
If your site is already live and get high traffic, you might want to use any maintenance mode plugin (like WP Maintenance Mode) and activate maintenance mode before updating the theme. That way, users won’t notice any misbehavior from your website while updating.
By updating the Suki Pro plugin, normally you won’t lose any data, because they are kept in the database. But it’s a good idea to backup your database before updating a theme, just in case.